Establishes minimum regulations for mechanical systems using prescriptive and performance-related provisions. The IMC was developed with broad-based principles that make possible the use of new materials, methods and design. For the most current adoptions details go to International Code Adoptions
Important changes include:
- Added coverage of pollution control units.
- A new exception was added to recognize Type I kitchen hoods listed for clearances to combustibles of less than 18 inches.
- Added coverage for a newer type of non-metallic duct, phenolic duct.
- New coverage for high volume large diameter fans (HVLD), also referred to as high volume low speed (HVLS) fans.
- Relaxed requirements for sealing of duct joints and seams for Snap- and Button-lock duct joints located within the thermal envelope.